Full-time, comprehensive benefits package
Commitment. Quality. Care. Respect. PARC Retirement Living is an award-winning developer and operator of purpose-built, independent senior living communities. We’re looking for caring and genuine people who are passionate about service excellence and are driven to make a meaningful difference in the lives of seniors.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and reliable Building Services Manager to assist with the open of our new community in White Rock – Oceana PARC. As the Building Services Manager you will work closely beside the General Manager, contractors and team as we open our most technologically advanced building yet!
Building Services Manager Responsibilities:
- Report to your General Manager about all maintenance and operations, pertaining to the building and equipment;
- Maintaining a safe, attractive and efficient physical community;
- Manage both scheduled maintenance and unscheduled repairs, using trades, contractors, employees, as well as your own skills;
- Manage the maintenance budget and serve as the Fire and Safety Officer;
- Additional duties during pre-open, including but are not limited to: Recruiting, hiring and orienting team members, assist with construction clean-up and minor deficiencies, liaise between construction team and management team on building maintenance, assist with a high volume of move-ins and working in tandem with all managers to ensure a seamless opening experience for residents and employees.
Building Services Manager Skills and Experience:
- Completion of Facility Management or Power Engineering Certification;
- 5 years’ experience in building maintenance- seniors industry experience an asset;
- Working knowledge of physical plant operations and maintenance, plumbing and electrical trades with the ability to troubleshoot effectively;
- Strong technical skills in MS Office and familiarity with Maintenance Care software is an asset;
- Knowledge of WHMIS and Emergency Preparedness procedures;
- Ability to organize preventative maintenance programs and ensure timely, cost effective repairs;
- Expertise in developing, leading and motivating a high-performing team as well as hiring and managing contractors;
- Outstanding communication and relationship-building skills with a passion and empathy for seniors;
- Class 5 Drivers License and First Aid Level 1 with CPR required.
Perks of the Job:
- Opportunity to assist with building a new community, employee culture and customer experience;
- Have your voice heard and opinions valued - We Listen;
- Meaningful work, knowing you are making the difference in seniors lives everyday;
- Fun is one of core values! We encourage fun, supportive, team environments;
- Encouraging continuous learning and career development;
- Eligibility for annual bonus and comprehensive benefits plan!
Live out your passion for people and service excellence. Apply now at www.parcliving.ca/careers.
Thank you for your interest in this exciting opportunity. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.