Casual/ On-Call| Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays required| Ability to pick up shifts at other locations an asset|
Commitment. Quality. Care. Respect. PARC Retirement Living is an award-winning developer and operator of purpose-built, independent senior living communities. We’re looking for caring and genuine people who are passionate about service excellence and are driven to make a meaningful difference in the lives of seniors.
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working and enthusiastic Night Housekeeper to share between two locations. Our Mulberry PARC in Burnaby and our Summerhill PARC in Lonsdale, North Vancouver. As a Night Housekeeper, you are a large contributor to the overall cleanliness and safety of our residence and their home. Night Housekeeper is a key contributor of the overall resident experience.
Night Housekeeper Responsibilities:
- Housekeeper and building janitorial duties;
- Respond to emergency calls, greet/screen visitors, and patrol the residence to ensure that our residence are safe
- Clean amenity spaces, remove garbage, and complete laundry.
Night Housekeeper Skills and Experience:
- Housekeeping experience a strong asset;
- Health Care Aide, Personal Care Worker Certificate, or relevant health care experience and training in a similar environment a strong asset;
- Current first aid and CPR certification in combination with WHMIS;
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm and professional manner;
- Understanding of infection control practices;
- Good knowledge of security procedures;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with others;
- Self-directed with the ability to solve problems effectively and make decisions using sound judgment;
- Positive and cooperative attitude;
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to employees, residents, visitors, service providers, and the public;
- Adaptable to change;
- Empathy for and understanding of the needs of seniors, their families, and their professional service providers.
Perks of the Job:
- Meaningful work, knowing you are making the difference in seniors lives everyday;
- Fun is one of core values! We encourage fun, supportive, team environments;
- Encouraging continuous learning and career development;
- Prospect BBQ’s, Summer Resident Picnics and other fun employee events;
- Living Wage Certified, annual bonuses and competitive benefits plan – This position pays $20.62/hr;
- Opportunity for advancement!
Live out your passion for people and service excellence. Apply now at www.parcliving.ca/careers.
Thank you for your interest in this exciting opportunity. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.