Full-time, comprehensive benefits package
Commitment. Quality. Care. Respect. PARC Retirement Living is an award-winning developer and operator of purpose-built, independent senior living communities. We’re looking for caring and genuine people who are passionate about service excellence and are driven to make a meaningful difference in the lives of seniors.
We are looking for a motivated, energetic and enthusiastic Active Living Manager to assist with the open of our new community in White Rock – Oceana PARC. As the Active Living Manager, you will work closely with the management team to promote IL+ as we open our biggest community yet!
Active Living Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop and offer a wide variety of holistic recreational programs in line with our IL+ initiative for our residents to support their emotional, physical, social and spiritual wellbeing;
- Coordinate and lead resident outings and facilitate resident activities;
- Coordinate a volunteer program, schedule and manage employees and volunteers;
- Report to Assistant General Manager and prepare departmental budget and reports;
- Additional duties during pre-open, including but are not limited to: Recruiting, hiring and orienting team members, community outreach, organizing special events and entertainers and working in tandem with all managers to ensure a seamless opening experience for residents and employees.
Active Living Manager Skills and Experience:
- Successful completion of recreation or therapeutic recreation diploma or degree program;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in working with seniors in a recreation function;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-faceted and diverse work environment;
- Effective problem solving and decision-making abilities;
- Empathy for and understanding of the needs of seniors, their families and the professionals engaged in their care;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Effective communication skills with the ability to foster strong interpersonal relationships;
- Adaptive to changes in schedules, workloads, and days worked;
- Unrestricted Class 4 Drivers’ license, and First Aid Level with CPR required.
Perks of the Job:
- Opportunity to assist with building a new community, employee culture and customer experience;
- Have your voice heard and opinions valued - We Listen;
- Meaningful work, knowing you are making the difference in seniors lives everyday;
- Fun is one of core values! We encourage fun, supportive, team environments;
- Encouraging continuous learning and career development with opportunity for advancement;
- Annual bonuses and competitive benefits plan!
Live out your passion for people and service excellence. Apply now at www.parcliving.ca/careers.
Thank you for your interest in this exciting opportunity. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.