Front Desk Reception
Casual / On-Call
Commitment. Quality. Care. Respect. At PARC Retirement Living , we live up to these promises every day.
Are you seeking an opportunity where your job enhances the lives of others? Where you can thrive in a compassionate, supportive, team-oriented environment? And where you can bring heart and soul to your job? Then let’s talk.
We are a group of four award-winning residences in the Lower Mainland, offering Independent Living + for seniors. Our focus is on improving and enhancing the daily lives of our residents by fostering the very best in their health and well-being.
We hire employees who are driven to make a distinct and gratifying difference, and wish to enrich the lives of our residents as well as their own. Make the move, and make a difference.
Reception and administration duties:
- Receive incoming telephone calls and respond accordingly
- Receive and respond to requests from residents, visitors, suppliers, etc.
- Organize and distribute service requests, documentation, chits, etc.
- Explain procedures to residents using resident handbook as a guide
- Ensure daily dining room safety check is accurate and follow-up procedures carried out
- Document all unusual occurrences and ensure they are communicated to management
- Perform data entry into the property management software, ensuring the accuracy of all entries
Emergency & Security duties:
Respond to emergency calls from residents and staff, contact 911 if required
- Represent the values of PARC to internal and external stakeholders
- Other duties as required and special projects as assigned
- Grade 12 education or equivalent with a minimum of two years’ experience in a receptionist position working in a similar environment with a strong focus on customer service excellence
- Strong proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Suite together with exemplary telephone manners
- Current First Aid certificate required
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate tactfully with others
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, multi-faceted work environment
- Excellent problem solving and decision making abilities
- Great attention to detail with strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to employees, residents and their families, visitors, service providers, and the public
- Professional demeanor with a positive and cooperative attitude
- Ability to respond to emergency situations
- Effective team member with the desire and ability to support the company and the team in all activities
- Demonstrated organizational, coordinating, and prioritizing skills
- Adaptable to change
- Empathy for and understanding of the needs of seniors, their families, and their professional service providers
Join the PARC Communities Family by applying today!