Commitment. Quality. Care. Respect. At PARC Retirement Living , the residents receive these fundamental promises every day, as do our employees. We are a group of four award-winning residences, offering Independent Living+ for seniors. Our fully equipped suites are unique in design and strategically located in urban centers within welcoming, connected communities.
Our employees are our biggest asset. We inspire one another through optimism and compassion and we thrive on our team-oriented approach. The deep loyalty we have towards our residents drives everything we do. Join a company to make a distinct and gratifying difference enriching the lives of seniors, and your own.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Professional Bus Driver for PARC Retirement Living across the North Shore. Bring enjoyment to residents by taking them to appointments and assisting them in accessing their community.
- Drive residents on scheduled and unscheduled tours to points of local interest, appointments, and shopping
- Operate the bus in a safe and courteous manner obeying all traffic regulations at all times
- Assist residents in and out of the bus
- Keep track of residents that are on a tour or have been dropped off. Ensure all residents arrive back to the residence
- Perform other tasks whether or not they involve the bus
- Represent the values of PARC to internal and external stakeholders
- Other duties as required and special projects as assigned
- Class 4 unrestricted license permitting the operation of a multi passenger van with a minimum of three years of Class 4 driving experience
- Experience as limousine chauffeur or charter bus driver an asset
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Insurable at regular rates and with an excellent driving record over the last three years (clear driving abstract)
- Effective problem solving and decision making abilities
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Superb interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate tactfully and respectfully with residents and the public
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to employees and residents
- Professional demeanour with a positive and cooperative attitude
- Empathy for and understanding of the needs of seniors, their families and their professional service providers
- Ability to adapt to change
Status: 34+ hours weekly, full-time, incl. company benefits
Want this job now?
If you would like to take your next career step with us and contribute your skills and talents to a great organization, please send your application to us by July 30th, 2017 .